RARA-AVIS: Re: CHASING THE DIME and Michael Connelly

From: blumenidiot (blumenidiot@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, BaxDeal@... wrote:

    > In a message dated 8/10/08 11:28:01 AM, e_lynskey@... writes:
    >

    > > Wasn't Bloodwork the Eastwood flick from a bit back? Is the movie
    faithful
    > > to the novel at all?
    > >

    > the movie changes who the bad guy is, to the detriment of the story
    >
    > John Lau

    In doing so it removes at least one layer in the book. I wrote before that in reading the book I had an idea who was the bad guy. I was wrong, of course, but that is the one who was the villain in the movie. A lot of the complexity in the book is lost. That impelled me to write that you movie see the movie before you read the book rather than the reverse. Of course, you don't have to see the movie which is mediocre, IMO. Mark