Re: RARA-AVIS: Italo-noir

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 02 Aug 2008

    This is only tangentially related to the subject but I guess it might interest some of the people in this thread. I just bought a DVD pack of Italian gangster films from the '70s, featuring all the staple B-list American actors that used to film in Italy (Lee Van Cleef, Jack Palance, etc.). Some of these movies are pretty cool, although it's hard to call them classics. The best way to describe them, I guess, is
    "Spaghetti Gangster Films." The DVD pack is called "Mob Movies" and it's one of those cheap collections that's put together to make a quick buck (the image quality is not the best, for instance) but it's a thoroughly enjoyable treat.

    -Gonzalo B.

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Bravard"