Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis Film Series Starts Friday

From: Edward Pettit (epetti01@yahoo.com)
Date: 31 Jul 2008

    Mike,  You are a lucky guy.  I wish I could see all of this stuff on the big screen.
      Although I do have the good fortune of going to see Marathon Man at a local theatre tonight.  There is also a good film series that runs at a few movie houses just outside of Philly.  Several good crime and noir films have been shown already (Treasure of Sierra Madre, Asphalt Jungle, Big Lebowski) with a couple more to go in August (Maltese Falcon and Blue Velvet).

    We should see if we can get a Goodis filmfest going for the next NoirCon.
      Ed The Bibliothecary, a blog of literary endeavour. http://bibliothecary.squarespace.com/