RARA-AVIS: Detective Comis, Was: a lot of things

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jul 2008

    Eric Chambers said:

    > Batman has been everything from hardboiled to
    > high camp. The only effective way to talk about Batman is in
    > terms of the intentions of specific creative teams. It
    > can't be true noir because Batman always ends up  back
    > at square one and goes through the grief all over again. Its
    > a tragedy, in the grand sense. Someone one day will get the
    > point and turn it into an opera.

    An interesting take. This was one of the many things he said in his Sunday post, most of which I either agree with or was informed by.

    I'm glad to see that some of the knock 'em down and drag 'em out aspects of the inter-post rivalries have been downplayed and by the posters themselves.

    As far as I'm concerned, this debate can go on all summer so long as we hear new things like with Eric's post.

    It's informative and good reading that helps keep me away from what I should be doing.

    Jack

    Lap Dance at: http://backalleywebzine.com/ http://crimespace.ning.com/profile/JackBludis