Re: RARA-AVIS: About that noir/ not noir script

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jul 2008

    --- On Mon, 7/28/08, Dick Lochte <dlochte@gmail.com> wrote:

    I also wonder what Nolan's reaction must have been when, with his movie

    presumably well underway, he sat down in a theater to see No Country For Old

    Men. At the very least he must have been impressed by the economy of having

    just one weird-looking unstoppable creator of chaos, the dark side of the

    hero, who used the flip of a coin to decide who lives and who dies.

    Ostensibly, I agree with you. But I must add that I read Batman comics when I was a boy in the 1960s and even then Two-Face chose life or death by the toss of a coin. If you add continuity to NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, Anton Chigurh probably got the idea from a Batman comic book!

    Patrick King