RE: RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos: The Turnaround

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 27 Jul 2008

    > From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On
    > Behalf Of cptpipes2000
    > Subject: RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos: The Turnaround
    > The books have
    > gotten
    > deeper since Suckerman

    Yes, unfortunately. I've tried a couple of these newer, "deeper" books and am convinced that some stories are best told in fewer words. SHOEDOG and KING SUCKERMAN are brilliant examples of what can be done in concise terms. In Pelecanos' case -- at least, in my opinion -- deeper doesn't always mean better.

    Ron C.