RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir, THE DARK KNIGHT, and all that

From: caroli1975 (karabair@gmail.com)
Date: 25 Jul 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jack Bludis <buildsnburns@...> wrote:

    > In most fiction short of fantasy, which THE DARK KNIGHT is, and SF,
    which IRON MAN is, the story and the characters could be real. Although even in crime fiction, I think Mike Hammer is a stretch.

    What about the Dark Knight couldn't be real? It's far-fetched, yes, but I can't think of any elements that are straight-out fantastic.

    And how does 'real' or not relate to whether something is noir? Couldn't something sci-fi conceivably be noir?

    -C