RARA-AVIS: JG Ballard

From: Randy Krbechek (randyk@psnw.com)
Date: 25 Jul 2008

    At 7/25/2008, Sean Shapiro wrote:
    >Has anyone read JG Ballard's 'Cocaine Nights' or 'Running Wild'?
    >Would anyone care to suggest that they qualify as noir?

    Sean -

    I have not read those titles, but I have read "Concrete Island" and
    "Crash," both of which I recommend. If not noir, they certainly drink from the cup of nihilism. In one of the titles, the protagonist wakes up after a car crash and is stuck in a highway median from which he can't escape. See this link to Wikipedia, which calls it a "twisted adaptation of Robinson Crusoe."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_Island

    Bye. Randy Krbechek Fresno, CA