Re: who's the psycho? (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Super Heroes)

From: Mark R. Harris (brokerharris@gmail.com)
Date: 25 Jul 2008

    A few filmic examples:

    Michael Mann's Manhunter, based on Thomas Harris's Red Dragon. The psychology of Will Graham grows perilously close to that of Hannibal Lecter.

    William Friedkin's Cruising. A very underrated movie, not at all homophobic as frequently asserted (and I'm a gay man making that observation). Hard to discuss without giving too much away.

    Alan Parker's Angel Heart, based on William Hjortsberg's Falling Angel. Again, hard to discuss without a major reveal.

    Mark

    --
    Mark R. Harris
    2122 W. Russet Court #8