who's the psycho? (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Super Heroes)

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 25 Jul 2008

    All of this talk about whether or not Batman is just a psycho who has managed to channel his bad behavior towards good ends (and even have it sanctioned, unlike Dexter), got me thinking about one of my favorite themes: the blurred line between the crime fighter and the criminal he's after. Given that, I'm blanking on examples. I'm talking about things like the Eastwood movie, Tightrope, where the viewer sometimes has trouble seeing much difference between the cop and the criminal, maybe Internal Affairs (with Garcia and Gere), where the bad guy manges to make the good guy dirty himself. Are there book equivalents? By the way, I'm not talking about stuff like Derek Ramond's Factory series; yes, the cop is twisted, haunted, but there's never a sense he is not for good.

    Mark