glorifying violence (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard)

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Patrick King <abrasax93@...> wrote:

    > I thought JACKIE BROWN was a faithful translation of RUM PUNCH to
    film. I also think RUM PUNCH is one of Leonard's most memorable stories.

    > We're in agreement that PULP FICTION is one of the best crime
    movies, period. It's books and moveis like this that allow me to contain my rage.

    I didn't like Pulp Fiction, it seemed crude, and generally I don't hit it off well with Tarantino's work. Agreed on Jackie Brown, excellently directed, acted, etc., good story.

    Your rage about what?

    Best,

    mrt