Re: glorifying violence (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard)

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2008

    --- On Sun, 7/20/08, davezeltserman <davezelt@rcn.com> wrote:

     IT would be even tougher to make the case about "Jackie Brown", an

    exceptional film, and one that's significantly better than the book

    it's based on, Rum Punch. IMHO, Pulp Fiction is one of the best crime

    movies, period.

    I thought JACKIE BROWN was a faithful translation of RUM PUNCH to film. I also think RUM PUNCH is one of Leonard's most memorable stories.

    We're in agreement that PULP FICTION is one of the best crime movies, period. It's books and moveis like this that allow me to contain my rage.

    Patrick King