Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Willeford

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Jul 2008

    --- On Sun, 7/20/08, Nathan Cain <IndieCrime@gmail.com> wrote:

    That is kind of depressing that you haven't sold more copies.

    On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 11:22 PM, cinemart_temp <cinemart_temp@ yahoo.com> wrote:
    > --- In rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com, JT Lindroos <jt@...> wrote:
    >>
    >> Considering the sales
    >> so far for MIAMI, though, we'll be lucky to break even. Reviews for
    >> MIAMI on, say, amazon/blogs/ other venues might help the cause.
    >
    > That's truly a shame. I'll do everything I can to help! BTW, my
    > article on Willeford is getting revised and re-released in the
    > Cashiers du Cinemart book in 2009. Hopefully that'll garner at least
    > one more sale of MADE IN MIAMI! I'll be sure to include the alternate
    > title when discussing LUST IS A WOMAN.

    At $14.99 used the book is expensive for Amazon. I'm going to read it. The plot is right up my ally. But the two reveiws on Amazon are not Willeford standard. One gives it "a solid read" with 4 stars, the other by a professed Willeford "freak" gives it 2 stars and says its sub par. I'm reading THE WOMAN CHASER right now and will probably get MADE IN MIAMI next week.

    Patrick King