RARA-AVIS: Re:Leonard movies

From: ABQBrewer@aol.com
Date: 20 Jul 2008

    Hi all:

       Elmore Leonard's one of my heroes, but I've only met him once in person
    (at Bcon in Denver). One of the things we talked about was the mixed success of his books that have been made into movies. As I recall, he was pleased with Get Shorty, Out of Sight and Jackie Brown. When I mentioned Mr. Majestyk, he shook his head and said something like: "Charles Bronson couldn't say a line right to save his life."
      Best,
      Steve Brewer

    _www.stevebrewerbooks.com_ (http://www.stevebrewerbooks.com/)
    _www.stevebrewer.blogspot.com_ (http://www.stevebrewer.blogspot.com/)