RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard (was: Re: LABRAVA)

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 20 Jul 2008

    One of the puzzling shortfalls of my reading life: I've never gotten into Elmore Leonard. I've tried several, and typically set them aside unfinished; I've completed perhaps only a couple. I read and hear all about his unparalleled talent in dialogue (and nearly as much about his wildly inventive characters), and while I don't contest that acclaim, it's never been enough for me to pull me through one of his books and want more.

    I try again every few years, and it's probably getting that time again. Perhaps I'll try LaBrava (see below). I hope this time I see the light.

    Ron Clinton