RARA-AVIS: More forgotten ones: Davis Grubb

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Jul 2008

    I was looking at the Wikipedia entry for this author, who seems perennially out of print. Known for the Night of the Hunter, his star has faded. I have a couple of short story collections that show him as a top drawer writer. What happened to him?

    Grubb would be a good candidate for resurrection, at least to judge from the literary value (money is a different story, as for Willeford).

    Anyway, here is the Wikipedia entry, which (hint) could do with more substance:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Grubb

    Best,

    mrt