Leonard movies (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: After Dark, My Sweet)

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 19 Jul 2008

    Mario:

    "There is an old movie of Mr. Majestyk, too, very seventies movie but the story is good and the movie watchable. They should remake it. Also, I think Split Images could be turned into a tight hardboiled film (pure hardboiled, no comedy)."

    More of his later, somewhat tongue in cheek crime books seem to have been made into movies lately than his earlier, straighter ones (not to say he didn't throw in an occasional comedy, like the Ransom of Red Chief take off with the earlier appearance of the guys from Rum Punch/Jackie Brown, blanking on the name).

    But overall, Leonard's had incredible success at getting his books made. Leaving aside the westerns, before Jackie Brown raised his visibility: Big Bounce (twice), Moonshine War, Mr Majestyk, Cat Chaser, Glitz.

    Oh, which reminds me, Has anyone seen Kill Shot? I keep seeing trailers for it, but it never seems to actually come out. Has it come out yet? Should I take the delays as a warning?

    Mark