Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: OT: Tuesday Weld

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 14 Jul 2008

    Great info...Thanks and many mercišs (itšs Bastille day after all)

    Found this website: http://www.pseudopodium.org/kokonino/weld.html

    ...with this mention:

    The "Tuesday Weld" section of your local pop record store has expanded to include a rock-and-roll band from Austin, Texas. Lead singer Kevin Brannan was kind enough to send me a copy of "Tuesday Weld"'s eight song CD, Sting of the Pimp Slap. Note the appropriately misogynous title: it's the attention to little details that'll take these boys far. The nice young male speedy poppy punky sound seems much what a 1996 Dobie Gillis would've made in his garage with a baseball-capped and earringed Maynard G. Krebs.

    ...and there is also an English band called The Real Tuesday Weld who are today at the Someday Lounge in Portland... http://www.tuesdayweld.com/index.html

    Montois...going to behead a few...at a client meeting...

    Steve Novak Cinefrog@comcast.net