Hollywood noir (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: WHACKED by Jules Asner)

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Jul 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Eric Chambers <nqexile@...> wrote:

    > The book I can't speak for, but I would definitely nominate the
    film version of 'Day of the Locust' (starring Donald Sutherland) as Noir. I saw it in a theatre [wide screen] and remember it as a very powerful experience. It would make a good double bill with 'Sunset Boulevard'.

    I love the book and the movie. And Miss Lonelyhearts seems noir to me. That is a powerful book. Everybody talks about Camus, but West was his equal.

    Best,

    mrt