RARA-AVIS: Re: WHACKED by Jules Asner

From: Bookbitch (BookBitch@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Jul 2008

    I interviewed Asner on my blog, and I gotta tell you, she scared me. Which I can't really explain without giving away the whole book, and I won't do that. But you hit the nail on the head with this:

    " few are the places and cultures in the first world as inherently noir as Hollywood"

    Stacy

    I am the BookBitch http://bookbitch.blogspot.com/ www.bookbitch.com Enter to win THE DARK OF DAY by Barbara Parker, BONEYARD by Michelle Gagnon, 9 signed thrillers including THE LAST PATRIOT by Brad Thor, SOUTH OF HELL by PJ Parrish, and lots more!

    Posted by: "BaxDeal@aol.com" BaxDeal@aol.com
    <mailto:BaxDeal@aol.com?Subject= Re%3A%20WHACKED%20by%20Jules%20Asner> baxdeal <http://profiles.yahoo.com/baxdeal>

    Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:55 pm (PDT)

    In a message dated 7/9/08 7:36:56 AM, jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com
    <mailto:jacquesdebierue%40yahoo.com> writes:

    > I like the Hollywood setting. Lots of sleaze built in, lots of
    > narcissism. I am waiting for Michael Connelly, master of suspense, to
    > apply himself to Hollywood (I mean directly as a theme).

    and I like reminding people who haven't read them, that Terrill Lankford's terrific contemporary noir thrillers Earthquake Weather and Blonde Lightning are set in that world, and nail it cold. few are the places and cultures in the first world as inherently noir as Hollywood

    John Lau