Re: Hollywood noir (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: WHACKED by Jules Asner)

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Jul 2008

    Or how about YOU PLAY THE BLACK & THE RED COMES UP by Eric Knight/Richard Hallas? It's an odd, idiosyncratic novel, but I love the thing.  Half satire and half emotionally intense thriller, it's unbalanced but beautiful.
      John

    From: david david <davividavid@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: Hollywood noir (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: WHACKED by Jules Asner) To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 5:54 PM

    Has anyone mentioned THEY SHOOT HORSES DON'T THEY by Horace McCoy? That one also relates to the recent posts on chapters with its device of heading sections with segments of the judge's sentencing of the protagonist.