RARA-AVIS: Serial Podcasting - Introducing Crimewav

From: darkestbefore (mysdawg@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 10 Jul 2008

    Over the last few years I have noticed that authors have started to serial podcast their work. I started listening to Seth Harwood's excellent Jack Wakes Up on iTunes and then went on to listen to the two latest installments, Jack Palm II and Jack Palms III (waiting for a title at this point).

    I contacted Seth about these projects only to find out the Jack Wakes Up was signed up for a book deal based upon is quality of the book and the readership that listened in each week.

    This has now led to a new development called CrimeWav. www.crimewav.com This project is the first crime short story podcast and features currently Vicki Hendricks read her story MUST BITE that was published in StoryGlossia a few months back.

    Take a listen to this and see if you think, like I do, that this is the wav of the future in helping promote crime/noir/mystery to a new generation of readers.