Re: Hollywood noir (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: WHACKED by Jules Asner)

From: Nathan Cain (IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 09 Jul 2008

    Does Day of the Locust count as noir? I picked up a copy the other day. I've been meaning to read it for years, but I'm having a hard time getting through it. It's quite bleak, and I've been reading it a little at a time. I read West's Miss Lonelyhearts the other day, and that didn't seem very noir to me, but it did remind me very much of Flannery O'Connor.