RARA-AVIS: Re: Preliminary reports: Janwillem van de Wetering, RIP

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Jul 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "foxbrick" <foxbrick@...> wrote:

    > From the Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind blog:
    >
    > Janwillem van de Wetering, RIP

    I am sorry to hear this news. He was a great writer, also a perennially youthful writer. He wrote in the mystery genre but created his own brand, a thinker's type of mystery. I think I've read all his books and now I have an incentive to dig some up and reread. I am sure they will hold up. Incidentally, the man had a lot of US fans. I am surprised he did not immediately make the headlines in the US.

    Best,

    mrt