RARA-AVIS: Leonard's Split Images

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Jul 2008

    Forced by circumstances I picked up this novel, which I had read a very long time ago. It turned out to be a happy rediscovery. Excellent story with psychopath, somewhat funny but firmly hardboiled and dark in tone. Leonard's Detroit novels bring out the best in him. This one is not mentioned frequently, but it deserves to be read. It has fewer characters trying to be cool and more grit than later Leonard novels. There is a well presented female character. I recommend it as a good introduction to Leonard.

    Best,

    mrt