Re: RARA-AVIS: Gehman's DRIVEN...

From: Richard Moore (moorich@aol.com)
Date: 07 Jul 2008

    I don't recall ever seeing Gehman's DRIVEN but even if I had I might have skipped it given his non-fiction I had read that lacked any depth. I read his Bogart book when it came out in 1965 and it was very slight, trading on his relationship with the actor to give it the
    "Intimate biography" label.

    Richard Moore

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark R. Harris"
    <brokerharris@...> wrote:
     Much of his writing focuses on his intimate
    > connection with such high-profile personalities as Eddie Condon, Harry
    > Richman, Hugh Hefner, and Humphery Bogart.
    > The Slander of Witches (New American Library, 1956) -- "A shocking
    novel of
    > small-town sin"
    > The Had (Trident Press, 1965)
    >
    > Mark
    >

    > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Jeff Vorzimmer <jvorzimmer@...>
    > wrote:

    > > recently picked up a book he wrote on Sinatra and The Rat Pack.
    The first
    > > biography of The Rat Pack I think. Haven't gotten around to
    reading it.