RARA-AVIS: mistrustful heist gang

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 05 Jul 2008

    I recently watched Johnnie To's Exiled. The box made the film look like it revolved around a splintered criminal gang that comes back together for revenge when the guy they think double crossed the rest comes back to town. However, he claims he didn't do it and convinces them to do one more job to make up for the lost money. They agree, but none of them really trust the others.

    As it turns out, the movie doesn't really follow that jacket copy, moves in a very different direction after about 10 minutes. However, that plot seems very familiar to me. I feel like I've read it or seen it somehere else. A section of James Reasoner's Dust Devils hinges on a similar idea, but I'm thinking of a full book or movie that follows this heist, with nobody trusting the partners: will there be another double cross? will somebody seek revenge? Any ideas on where I have read/seen this before?

    Mark