Re: RARA-AVIS: Chapters

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jul 2008

    --- On Fri, 7/4/08, capnbob@nventure.com <capnbob@nventure.com> wrote:

    Patrick: Don't bet the farm. If I think the construction of a book is gimmicky--such as no chapters--I won't bother with it no matter how highly regarded it is. That's how I maintain my status as a curmudgeon. Beyond that, I find it too much work. I don't read to work, but to relax. Finally,I have hundreds of books that I look forward to reading. Why spend time with one that I'll find bothersome?

    If a great book with no chapters shows up, I guess you'll be the last to know. But if it's a GREAT book, you'll read it eventually, mark my words. Nothing can stop great books from reaching great readers. Not even no chapters!

    Patrick King