Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Disturbing Novels

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 01 Jul 2008

    In a message dated 7/1/08 7:52:38 AM, nqexile@yahoo.com.au writes:

    > It was remade in 1994, directed by Roger Donaldson (Peckinpah directed the
    > McQueen version) and starring Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger. Anybody seen both
    > and would like to give us a critique?

    they're not that different from each other other than the casting and times in which they are set. while Alec Baldwin might not have been "The King of Cool" that Steve McQueen was, his gifts and charisma as an actor and leading man are often underrated. he holds up his end fine, especially if you're not thinking of McQueen while watching the newer version

    Kim Basinger was also unjustly maligned at that point in her career. she's actually a much better actress and more attractive than Ali MacGraw. the bad guys in the newer version, Michael Madsen and James Woods are solid pros at playing heavies

    Peckinpah was Peckinpah. I like both versions

    John Lau

    ************** Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.