Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Breaking Point (Calling our man Beaver)

From: Stephen Burridge ( stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 30 Jun 2008

My views on the movie aren't as decided as yours. I watched it once a few months ago and was quite impressed. I'll probably see it again.

Having said that, I'll note that I don't agree with all of what you say. Monroe doesn't, as I recall, have nothing to do. She's convincing as the beautiful little sister. Not a fully developed character, perhaps, and Monroe may bring an excess of star power to the role, but it's not a bit part. I also think that Paul Douglas, while perhaps miscast as a fishing captain, is a strong presence whose relationship with Ryan works pretty well. And of course his character is supposed to be dominated by Ryan's.

Stephen