Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Bus Stop

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2008

--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Richard Moore < moorich@aol.com> wrote:

We've had our differences in the past but I do recognize your love of film. I am more than 90% certain you are aware of the Internet Movie Data Base--IMDB.com- -but your mention of Wikipedia as the place you would check facts about movies created that slim doubt.

My attempts at humor are batting 1000. I'll stop. I cited Wikipedia because it's notoriously inaccurate and the very place I'd likely get the wrong information.

I'm just trying to have fun here; liven up discussions about books and movies I love. In real life I don't know very many people who are interested in this topic so I value this list. The Right/Wrong thing though, really impedes conversation. Myself, I have Teflonon ego. Nothing much gets to me. But I can see where normal people might hesitate before posting an idea they could get called down on. Obviously we point out factual errors and there's no conversation without difference of opinion. But posts filled with whithering delight at someone else's expense; I've certainly noticed that such have slowed these interactions.

Patrick King