Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Bus Stop

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jun 2008

I brought up BUS STOP as a joke contrasting it with John's favorite movie TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT. As many of you correctly pointed out, BUS STOP was not Marilyn Monroe's debut and I'd have been better off citing ASPHALT JUNGLE in that capacity. But BUS STOP is not that far "off topic." BUS STOP was written by William Inge who, while not a crime writer specifically, wrote studies of human despair that are easily as relevant to this list as Robbe-Grillet or Auster are.

Patrick King

*************************************************** I take your point but it may be worth mentioning that this list has always had as its topic hardboiled and noir literature. The current description is: "For the discussion of hardboiled and noir writing."

Now I certainly enjoy and participate in some film discussions and I can hardly object to music as I have been a party to many a jazz discussion on such artists as Mingus and Miles Davis. Still, there are times when we are very far afield.

Richard Moore