Re: RARA-AVIS: Covers and Congrats

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 25 Jun 2008

Bill wrote:

"I was lucky enough (and I'm old enough) to have picked up the Richard Stark novels back when they were first published. The covers to the first few books in the series, before Westlake switched to Gold Medal, certainly aren't very striking. Kind of generic, I always thought."

I was lucky enough to find them all later (not quite old enough to get them first time around, but old enough that I found them cheap in used bookstores before they became very collectable), and Westlake was generous enough to sign them for me. But I've got to agree with you. There was nothing special about those Pocket Books covers.

Mark