RE: RARA-AVIS: Richard Stark covers

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 24 Jun 2008

Interesting choice of art. The older sink, house and car -- and the P.I. figure with the trenchcoat and hat -- would seem to be a bit misleading in the time/setting, theme and tone of the novels. I wonder if that was intentional on their part -- trying to appeal to the readership who enjoys retro P.I. tales -- or just a bit of (unwise, I believe) creative license.

Don't get me wrong: I'm thrilled Parker's older novels are coming back into print so others can enjoy his older exploits, but I do hope these new potential readers read the jacket text and not judge a book by its cover...else they're in for quite a surprise.

Ron C.

Stark /