Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Stark covers

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 24 Jun 2008

I'm really excited about the re-release of these books because Westlake's old Stark stuff is hard to find. I have every intention of picking them up, but the designer on those would probably be a lot more comfortable designing covers for dense academic tomes on the Franco Prussian War or something. If I didn't know what they were I might pass them over entirely.

What's the story with University of Chicago Press picking them up? How was that decision made? When I think hard-boiled reprints I don't think academic presses.