Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Reading Series in Order?

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 23 Jun 2008

I'm not sure you really have to read them in order. I would read The Big Nowhere before LA Confidential because they are one continuous story, with the prologue of LA Confidential really being the final chapter of The Big Nowhere. The books both hold up well enough on their own, though. White Jazz continues in the same world as Nowhere and Confidential with some of the same characters, but I don't really care for it all that much. The Black Dahlia, the first book in the quartet, is essentially a stand alone.