RARA-AVIS: Re: mystery writers to comics

From: caroli1975 ( karabair@gmail.com)
Date: 11 Jun 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Lee" <dermdocsx2@...> wrote:
> I have read all of the authors' prose work and I would be
> hardpressed to identify any of their styles in their comic work.

Maybe not their prose style, but Greg Rucka has a few pretty recognizable character types that he works with. A certain type of hard-edged wisecracking female protag and/or sidekick -- whether it's Bridgett Logan or Huntress or his protagonists in "Queen & Country" or
"Whiteout." (To keep strictly on topic -- the latter is a noir novel any way you slice it; it just happens to be in graphic form). I can't speak for the other writers, but I'd be surprised if there aren't thematic carryovers. In fact, the upcoming Duane Swierczynski
'Punisher' I heard described at New York Comic Con sounds a lot like the plot of 'The Blonde.' Just an observation.

-Carrie