RARA-AVIS: Re: occult PIs

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Jun 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Patrick King <abrasax93@...> wrote:
> I recently re-read BAD BOY and POP. 1280 by Jim Thompson. Now that's
noir comic genius! I wonder if Bellem wasn't plain Leslie Bellem, a girl who wanted to break into fiction at a time when only guys were selling, so she created this macho spoof. BLUE MURDER has got to be the worst book I ever read. How it got published is completely beyond me. He certainly didn't work from an outline!

No, he was a guy. Quite capable of writing straight stuff (scripts for TV, etc.). But on the loose, he was a maniac of the typewriter.

Best,

mrt