Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Killers

From: david david ( davividavid@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Jun 2008

just saw this film for the first time at the Palm Springs noir fest last week. Angie Dickenson was the guest & spoke after the film : "What a shitty script!" she said. haha She also said Reagan HATED working on the film. It was his last onscreen appearance and he was dialing it in. "He was already looking into other work," as she put it. Some of the racing scenes felt endless, but Dickenson was sexy in the film & Marvin was laconic and menacing. Their performances, the garish color and bursts of surreal brutality made it pretty ok for a 60s noir. It was originally made for TV and felt blocked for the small screen. Thy put it in theaters because it was deemed too violent for the living room. Dickenson claimed it was the first made-for-TV movie.