Re: RARA-AVIS: Small Crimes + noir writers from the 30s and 40s

From: Allan Guthrie ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 04 Jun 2008

I'd heartily recommend all of the following, apart from the Curtis (it's the only Curtis I've read and it's interesting and fun but decidedly flawed, so be warned -- his best known novel is THE GILT KID, which was recently republished in the UK).

Appel: BRAIN GUY Anderson: THIEVES LIKE US Hallas: YOU PLAY THE BLACK AND THE RED COMES UP Ross: THEY DON'T DANCE MUCH Curtis: THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT Butler: KISS THE BLOOD OFF MY HANDS Kersh: NIGHT AND THE CITY

Al

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Zeltserman" < dave@hardluckstories.com>