Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: James Lee Burke on Hemingway

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 28 May 2008

It's also in Pegasus Descending, which I'm just finishing. He cites Death in the Afternoon. The line is in his other books in some form or another and he doesn't always credit Hemingway.

In Electric Mist the line is:
"I think a three-day open season on people would solve a lot of our problems."

In Dixie City Jam:
"So far we don't have open season on people we don't like."

In The Moon of the Red Ponies:
"The fact you're on the street makes me wonder if there shouldn't be a three-day open season on people."

Jeff