Re: RARA-AVIS: There Will Be Blood

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dave@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 28 May 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, BaxDeal@... wrote:

I agree about The Lookout, a small but very well made movie. I don't why, but Before the Devil Knows You're Dead left me cold. It should've been a movie I liked, it had all the ingredients for it, but the ending just didn't work for me.

Btw. I agree about Big Lebowski--it's one of my favorite movies, but then again, I've loved most of the Coen Brother movies--Barton Fink next in line after Big Lebowski. Very cool what they did with their homage films to Cain, Hammett, Chandler and Thompson. The only movie of theirs I didn't like was No Country. That one left me wondering why I wasted the time and money.

--Dave Z.

> they're not the only one. it's generally a well regarded film
>
> I don't feel the need to belabor my problems with the picture. but
off the
> top of my head, 3 films I much prefered last year: Charlie Wilson's
War.