Re: RARA-AVIS: There Will Be Blood

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dave@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 28 May 2008

I could not disagree more. This was a fascinating and rich story of two men's obsession to accumulate wealth and power (one through oil, the other religion) and their eventual ruin. And this movie actually has a satisfying (and shocking) ending, unlike the fraudulant Oscar winner this past year, No Country for Old Men.

Rolling Stone has a good review on this:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/14710093/review/17925481/the re_will_be_blood

--Dave Z.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, BaxDeal@... wrote:

> In a message dated 5/27/08 1:28:50 PM, dave@... writes:
>

> > I caught this the other night on DVD and it could be the best
movie
> > I've seen in years, and while not a crime move, it certainly has a
> > noirish inevitibility about it, as well as other noirish aspects.
Also