Re: RARA-AVIS: There Will Be Blood

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 28 May 2008

In a message dated 5/27/08 1:28:50 PM, dave@hardluckstories.com writes:

> I caught this the other night on DVD and it could be the best movie
> I've seen in years, and while not a crime move, it certainly has a
> noirish inevitibility about it, as well as other noirish aspects. Also
> an amazing performance by Daniel Day-Lewis--his winning best actor
> oscar was well deserved.
>
> Anyone read the Upton Sinclair novel this eas based on, and if so, how
> closely does the movie follow it?

a very long depiction of an unsavory charactor in a difficult era without much actual story. Lewis is fabulous, of course. but in the service of..?

John Lau

************** Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)