RARA-AVIS: Re: Atlanta bookstore

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 26 May 2008

Ha! When in the area, I stay with my daughter who lives near the intersection of N. Druid Hills and Briarcliff. I always thought Druid Hills would be a great address for a horror writer. The next time I am coming down I will email you and perhaps we can meet for a coffee or drink. To tie this into another thread, my daughter works at DeKalb General Hospital's emergency room, the second busiest in the area. From 3 pm to 11 pm, she is charge of evaluations of anyone coming in presenting possible mental health issues. I mention this in passing, not to suggest it might one day be useful information.

Other bookstores in that area include the Book Nook on N. Druid Hills, which has a large selection of used paperbacks, hardbacks, DVDs, CDs and new and used comics. There's also the Eagle Eye Book Shop at the corner of Clairmont and N. Decatur Road, which has a reasonable selection although they annoy me by shelving mysteries in with the general fiction.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Cain" <IndieCrime@...> wrote:

> Thanks for the recommendation. I live in Atlanta and work in
Decatur,
> and I've been in the process of checking out the bookstores near
where
> I work and live. I live in N. Druid Hills and work at the Department
> of Juvenile Justice, so I've got a lot of stores to visit (DeKalb
> County's public library system isn't too shabby either.) Next time
> I've got a jones for books I'll head that way on my lunch break.
>
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Richard Moore <moorich@...> wrote:
> > The last few days I've spent in Atlanta and wanted to pass on a
> > bookstore recommendation. I grew up near Atlanta and lived there
for
> > years and have frequented used book stores in that city for a
long,
> > long time.
> >
> > The best used bookstore I know of in the Atlanta area is Books
Again
> > in the close-in suburb of Decatur. It is at 225 N. McDonough
Street