RARA-AVIS: Child of Rage

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 26 May 2008

I stumbled on to an interesting fact this rainy Memorial Day. It looks as though Vintage had once intended to publish Jim Tompson's Child of Rage in February 1994, along with Now and On Earth, Heed the Thunder and The Transgressors, but shelved it. The reason must have had to do with the content unless Blood and Guts Press also bought the paperback rights when they published the hardcover edition in 1991. I'd like to know the story behind it getting shelved. Does know who the editor of the series was back then?

Jeff