RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir involving US chattel slavery

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 May 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "foxbrick" <foxbrick@...> wrote:

> Mario, I'm not sure I understand your comment...you recall the story
> after reading Richard's citation of the title? Two citations of the
> title, including mine, jog the memory?

Yes, it got jogged, finally. Probably the story appeared in some anthology of which I've lost track. I must have read thousands of short stories, like many here, and some titles disappear into deep memory. In a way it's fun because you can reread innocently, thinking it's a new one. Not long ago it happened to me with an Erle Stanley Gardner story (an Ed Jenkins caper).

And thanks for all the info on Davidson. I will start collecting his stuff. I like guys who mix genres.

Best,

mrt