RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir involving US chattel slavery

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 23 May 2008

"The Neccessity of His Condition" was a great story. Davidson wrote so many fine stories. There was one collection of his mystery stories published after his death. Few are noir but I am a sucker for anything by him. There was also a hard-to-find collection of his true crime pieces published by Regency Books in the early 1960s that I have around here somewhere. As with the "Necessity" short story, Davidson did a great deal of research for the articles even though the magazine word rate was low. I especially recall the article on Devil's Island, one of the great noir locations in the world and in literature.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "jacquesdebierue"
<jacquesdebierue@...> wrote:

> --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "foxbrick" <foxbrick@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "jacquesdebierue"
> > <jacquesdebierue@> wrote:
> > Speaking of which, have there been any
> > > historical mysteries dealing with the days of slavery in the
US? I