Re: RARA-AVIS: Maltese Falcon

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 22 May 2008

> Indeed. It was not the masters who kept the slaves but the slaves who
> kept the master (in the dough). Speaking of which, have there been any
> historical mysteries dealing with the days of slavery in the US? I bet
> you could write a pretty noirish novel in that setting.

Brian Azzerello, creator of the extremely noirish 100 Bullets comic book series, has another called LOVELESS, the first 21 issues of which take place immediately post-war in a Confederate town occupied by the Union. it fits the bill

John Lau

************** Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)