Re: RARA-AVIS: Maltese Falcon

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 22 May 2008

In a message dated 5/22/08 5:55:32 AM, abrasax93@yahoo.com writes:

> Hold it right there! O'Shaughnessy came into his
> office using a fake name. She murdered his partner the
> first night on the job. Spade knew this from the
> beginning. Notice what he says to Effie when she
> sticks up for O'Shaughnessy. O'Shaughnessy was doing
> everything she could to use and manipulate Spade and
> he turned the tables on her. Scarlet O'Hara was an
> oppressed woman in a misogynistic society. Brigid
> O'Shaughnessy is a sociopath with no conscience. How
> did she get that way? That's another discussion. Maybe
> her father raped her. Maybe she was held captive in an
> opium den in Hong Kong. That's neither here nor there.
> Spade handled her in the only reasonable and humane
> way he could to get a complete conviction on the lot
> of them. Personally, I think she should have met up
> with Dexter Morgan.

yes, Brigid is a naughty, naughty girl. and Scarlett lived in a misogynist society. but while we're breaking rocks here, I'd suggest it were the SLAVES she owned who were the truly oppressed

as you were

John Lau

************** Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)